We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEN:
Each child’s teacher will be finding ways to support them including:
- Changing the way activities are planned and delivered
- Matching activities to the ability/need of each child (differentiation)
- Adapting learning materials such as equipment and activities to suit each child’s needs
- Offer small group support to address shared issues, e.g. fine and gross motor skills groups
- Using additional resources to enable better access to the curriculum, e.g. pencil grips, coloured overlays etc.
- Accessing professional advice, e.g. Educational Psychology or the Cognition and Learning team
- Specialist interventions, e.g. Occupational Therapy or Drawing and Talking tailored to the unique needs of individual children.
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.